Tuesday 17 May 2011

Five favourite Artists

Since the question was asked at the mock interview I thought I’d have a go and name my five favourites

Frida Kahlo

Absolutely adore her work. I remember basing a few school projects on her. I always loved how she never exaggerated anything about her features in her artwork yet she’d do elaborate backgrounds or clothing. I also loved her she added thought bubbles into her work. I always felt that she really managed to put her feelings across in her work

Michelangelo

One of the most memorable moments in my life is going to the Accademia di Belle Arti and turning a corner just to see at the end of a long corridor David.

Alan Davis

A comic book artist. Though he’s probably not the best one to exist I just love his line art. He uses such thick and confident lining in his work and mixes it with dynamic poses.

Yoshitaka Amano

I just love his colouring, he uses such vibrant colours in his artwork. I also like his detailing that he adds to his work.

Marino Marini

A sculptor who mainly made equestrian statues. His work went from realistic horses to blocks of shapes trying to define how a rider is falling off a horse.

No comments: